The mission of the Registrar of Contractors (ROC) is to promote quality construction by Arizona contractors though a licensing and regulatory system designed to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
The ROC licenses and regulates residential and commercial contractors. ROC staff investigate and work to resolve complaints against licensed and unlicensed contractors.
When selecting a contractor, you should make it a habit to visit the ROC website at www.azroc.gov to check out the contractor. This website is an excellent resource to find out the following information:
1. Open Complaints – These are complaints that have been filed with the ROC. They may or may not hold any merit since anyone can file a complaint and these open complaints have yet to be investigated.
2. Disciplined – This is the number of complaints against this contractor that resulted in discipline being imposed after an administrative hearing or default because of a violation(s) of state contracting law.
3. Resolved/Settled/Withdrawn – This is the number of complaints closed against this contractor that were resolved or settled by the contractor or withdrawn by the complainant after issuance of a corrective work order or formal citation.
4. Denied Access – This is the number of complaints against this contractor that were closed without corrective work being performed because the contractor was denied access by the complainant.
5. Bankruptcy – This is the number of complaints against this contractor that were closed because the contractor is in bankruptcy.
Use the information you find on the ROC along with the Better Business Bureau’s website to determine what contractor you would like to hire.
We would like to remind you to research and consider Precision Air & Heating when looking for an air conditioning contractor. We’re proud to have an A+ Rating with the BBB and a clean ROC record!
We want to help you learn about about all things air conditioning and heating! Have any questions or want to see us write about something? Give us a call, chat, or email and we'll do our best to help you out.
*APS Qualified Contractors are not affiliates or agents of APS. APS assumes no liability for their products or A/C sales, installation or AC repair services.
Precision Air & Heating is truly a reputable company and certainly number one for service in my book. Shawn, the repair manager was extremely helpful and professional. I would recommend them for both installation of a new system as well as repairs on your existing AC.
We were visiting our Arizona home from New York, when on one of the hottest days in August the air conditioning was not working. We called Precision & James Shelton worked to get the air up & running in no time. He was courteous & sympathetic, working hard to repair our central air…we have a warranty & Precision stands behind their work, they are available 24/7… Thank you!
Service was completed in a timely manner and my technician was extremely knowledgeable. All services were explained to me prior to being completed as far as the need and cost are concerned. My air conditioning unit has been problem-free all year and I believe it’s because of the professional maintenance that I get yearly from Precision Air.